Capital Funding for Manufacturers
Grant Funding has now been allocated and we are not accepting further applications.
The following is for information purposes only, outlining how the grant bunding process worked.
SAM project has grant funding available to eligible manufacturing SME businesses. The project encourages applications from SME manufacturers, applying either as sole applicants or collaboratively, who are working on developments that will support the growth of new products and processes.
Grants of up to £50,000* for manufacturing and production specific projects including...
- New to firm production technology
- New product validation (tests/consultancy)
- Process improvement capital investment
- Structure to support research and development implementation
- External consultancy on a time limited basis linked to a manufacturing/ production project
- Other development costs
- Grants were only accessible to SAM clients engaged in a Technical project (fully funded worth up to circa £10,000)
- Almost £2M in grants to be awarded by June 2023
- Monthly grant panels, with the last grant panel in March 2023*
- Grants of up to £50,000 available* (Up to £5,000 for pre-revenue clients)
- 25% match funding in Tyne & Wear and Northumberland
- 35% match funding in County Durham
- Can include purchasing second hand equipment**
- Four months from signing Grant Offer Letter to complete expenditure
- Proof of funds for 100% of the project required in advance**